1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got engaged! Been married but never engaged . . .
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some I kept, some I laughed off about halfway through the year and some I didn't keep that are back on the list this year . . .
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No -- not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
ITALY!!! Sicily and Rome -- it was magnificent.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Nothing -- last year was fantastic and this year is going to be even better!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 23 -- when the big ass rock got put on my finger; May 28 to June 18 -- when we went to Italy; June 25th -- when we saved Oliver from certain death; All the birthdays of the people I love . . .
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving forward with my life and getting completely out of debt!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping a specific resolution.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Geez . . . um . . . the new washer/dryer unit, the new TVs, the new computer . . . my ROCKIN' Italian dress with the most fantastic boots . . . ahhhh, I know . . . the new a/c unit -- Houston is HOT!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My daughters -- they are thriving!!!! I admire them both and am very proud of them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I despise liars and twisters of the truth -- particularly those who lie or over-embellish their resumes. If you're just here for the money, get the F**K OUT cuz I am not gonna clean up your mess!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, vacation, new appliances for the house, mechanical and structural repairs/updates on the house (still have a few ugly but necessary projects to do on the house like insulation -- doesn't that get one fired up?)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Everything! It's been a great year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Womanizer -- the damn thing is on every time I turn on the radio!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:? a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Hmmm . . . life changed drastically last year in August when I got my most-awesomest job and it's just gone up from there. I would have to say happier (every day, day after day . . .)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Met more people outside of work; Taken a couple of leisure learning type classes; Taken more pictures; Spent more time doing stuff with friends; Slept!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work -- I'm such a workaholic.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In bed with Leon and the dogs watching the "House" marathon.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, I fall in love with Leon every day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Almost anything on "The Green Channel" and "HGTV" or "TLC" or "Discovery" oh! and! "NatGeo"
Now that we have every channel available my geeky science/discovery channels have equally expanded . . .
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, don't hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read a novel this year -- how unusual for me? Read a lot of "how to" this and "how to" that kinda stuff though. I'm on a mission. =)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
An Excellent Adventure!
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing -- I got more than I ever wanted . . .
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't really watch any movies . . . I always rely on "The Fifth Element" as my fallback, anytime, when-I-can't-figure-out-what-I-wanna-watch movie so I guess it's still my favorite.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked. I'm telling you -- I'm a workaholic! Not really . . . my break schedule got off kilter and I ended up back at work on my birthday. Age is a number and I'm feeling 30!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the house ready for the real remodeling instead of dealing with the ugly skeleton issues.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Earthy as always . . .
32. What kept you sane?
I didn't have a sanity problem this year. HA! YAY!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Puh-lease . . . ick!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
It was an election year. I am high pissed about the gay marriage ban and all other issues that dictate how one should live and be!!!
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Amanda -- Sarah's neighbor.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I learned that tolerance is just a word to most people . . . and it truly saddens me.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I've got a pocketful of Sunshine"